To upgrade an existing DashWare installation, simply download the newer installer and run it to perform the upgrade.
(Exception: When going from a pre-1.9.0 release to 1.9.0 or greater, please uninstall the old DashWare first).
- Fixed 4k export for some Windows 10 video cards.
- Fixed DashWare to work properly on Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update. We no longer support XP. Earliest supported OS is Win7.
- Added GoPro HERO5 Black GPS support. Data is now automatically extracted from the .MP4 file and auto-synced with the video.
- Updated to .NET 4.6.2, which seemed to fix a lot of Microsoft MediaElement bugs (the player we use in the UI).
- We are using a new installer system, since our old one was deprecated by Microsoft.
- If you Drag & Drop video/data into DashWare, without a project open, a new project is now automatically created using the default template.
- If you merge chaptered GoPro HERO5 Black videos, we’ll also merge the data into one big CSV. If you do this with a project open, we’ll automatically add the resulting .MP4 and .CSV to the project.
- Added the ability to export a .PNG image sequence of gauges with a transparent background. Handy if you wish to apply the overlays in software like Adobe Premiere.
- Added the ability to rotate gauges.
- Analog gauge faces (and the various other analog components) can now optionally set their value ranges automatically from your data (in a project). So, for example, a speedometer can now automatically scale based on your max speed.
- Better sharing of value range / angle range settings between the various analog gauge components (parent component –> child).
- Updated Flytec Sensbox data profile.
- Added Vision Utility profile.
- Added Flytec Sensbox data profile.
- Seeking through data in large data files with pauses/gaps in the data timeline greatly optimized, speeding up playback and export.
- Fixed a bug where you could not delete multiple selections in the Merge Videos Dialog.
- Fixed video export failure (Error 23) issue.
- Added support for merging together videos from same session.
- Fixed audio synchronization issues with export.
- Added support for merging together videos from same session.
- Fixed export bug causing gauge quality problems for some users.
- Fixed bug causing poor quality when using media foundation export.
- Shimano CM-1000 action camera support added.
- Ability to flip video upside-down added.
- Streamlined video export settings.
- Free trials reset.
- Since we have so many gauges, we added a search / filter box to the Gauge Toolbox. Type in text to filter displayed gauges based on gauge name and data inputs.
- Image scaling in DashWare is now more efficient and the quality is much better.
- Added support for Shimano, Unipro, and AutoSports Labs data files.
- Fixed Racelogic CSV file handling.
- AiM data profile now tries to pull in gyro (lean angle), throttle pressure, brake switch and brake pressure channels.
- MoTeC data profile updated to interpolate and fitler out bad GPS coordinates.
- RaceChrono data profile was not getting automatically selected with the latest RaceChrono release. Fixed.
- Fixed Mac CR-CR-LF file import code to deal with mixed line endings better (fixes issues reading some AiM CSV files)
- Updated Torque data profile.
- Updated Track Addict data profile.
- Fixed spelling errors in some of the Flytrex gauges.
- Fixed a bug where the data profile editor was not using the post-conversion data file path.
- Flytrex data profile updated to match their recent CSV changes.
- Added support for FrSky Taranis r/c data logger.
- We now read power/watts from Garmin VIRB GPX files and we look for it in generic GPX files too.
- Fixed Garmin VIRB GPX data profile to swap x/y acceleration channels.
- Added support for left/right power balance FIT data extraction. New “Bicycling Hornet” gauges added that show power balance.
- We now interpolate lap times when they come directly from CSV files. This fixes it for Harry’s Lap Timer.
- We now handle Mission Planner GPX data files and pull in roll and pitch.
- GPX parser improved to work with more variations in GPX files in general.
- RaceChrono V2 data profile now filters out bad GPS coordinates and correctly scales G-Force values. We also pull in date/time of day now.
- You can now easily import and export gauges by dragging and dropping them to and from explorer. See it in action at http://www.dashware.net/videos/import-export-gauges/.
- You can now Drag & Drop video and data files into your DashWare project!
- Better Sony action cam GPS data support. You no longer have to rename their .LOG files to .NMEA for DashWare to recognize it.
- Better Garmin VIRB data support. We now pull in accelerometer values from the VIRB’s GPX files.
- Added the ability to display GPS coordinates in degrees, minutes, seconds (via the Dynamic Text gauge component). Added a new “GPS Coordinates Degrees, Minutes, Seconds” gauge. Decimal degrees are still supported too.
- Our Garmin FIT data importer would refuse to load any data if the FIT file failed an integrity check. Now it will load as much data as possible from the FIT file.
- Better automatic gauge input hookup support when multiple data files are used. We used to only automatically hookup channels from your first data file, but now we look through all of the ones in your project.
- Fixed the Vertical Speed Analog gauge.
- Reset free trials.
- Added support for Flytrex CSV files, and added a lot of new Flytrex gauges to display applicable fields.
- Added support for Alfano CSV files.
- Added support for RaceChrono Version 2 CSV files.
- Added support for Run.GPS CSV files.
- Changed Qstarz data profile to filter out bad GPS coordinates.
- Fixed heading calculator usage in GPX and NMEA data profiles.
- Setup MoTeC data profile to use GPS coordinates, if they exist.
- Fixed a bug where the last few gauges were not showing up in the toolbox.
- Fixed a bug in the Data Viewer causing it to not pop up sometimes.
- Added the ability to trim data from the start and/or end, similar to the video trimming.
- Improved TCX/GPX file import for cyclists. TCX parser deals with lack of distance and speed better. GPX parser deals with more extension formats, including reading cadence.
- GPX parser now also supports Trail Tech Voyager extensions.
- ChaseCam gave us another fix for ChaseCam data extraction problems.
- Improved AiM data support to use beacon times to maintain a perfectly accurate data sync.
- Updated Starlane data profile to also handle ; as separator.
- Added better NMEA GPS data validation (helps with Contour+/GPS data, too)
- We had the general purpose GPS data filtering set too aggressively, sometimes filtering out good data. Set to a better level now.
- Major chart gauge component enhancements! Chart gauges can now have distance as the X axis (miles/km/meters/feet). You can also now customize the X scale range. You can show X units back, X units forward from current time/distance. Examples: Show the last 5 miles + next mile, or last 10 minutes + future minute of data.
- Added some new chart gauges to the toolbox to show off some of the new chart features. Look for “Dark Dist Chart Alt Feet”, “Dark Dist Chart Alt Meters”, “Dark Dist Chart KPH”, “Dark Dist Chart MPH”, “Dark Range Chart Alt Feet”, “Dark Range Chart Alt Meters”.
- Added support for detecting/extracting data in Contour+2 .MP4 files.
- Added support for Polar .HRM data files.
- Added support for Torque data files.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Reset free trials.
- Added data support for Traxxas RC vehicles.
- Added data support and new gauges for wingsuits/skydivers.
- Added support for Tachyon cameras.
- ChaseCam gave us a fix for the ChaseCam data extraction problems.
- Fixed some GPX importer bugs.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Fixed installer issue with VC runtime prereq.
- Fixed an installer issue that broke DashWare on XP.
- 30-day frree trials reset with this upgrade.
- Added new Windows Media Foundation video profiles, for improved compatibility.
- Harry’s Lap Timer data profile updated to work with his latest update.
- New gauges and data support (Paralog, FlySight) for skydivers.
- Added suport for DashDAQ loggers.
- Support for Tachyon cameras.
- Fixed a bug in the NMEA importer, pulling wrong lat/lon values from GGA lines.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- 30-day free trials reset with this upgrade.
- Added support for Parrot AR Drone 2.0 CSV data.
- Added support for FuelTech CSV files.
- ChaseCam gave us a new version of their data extraction tool to fix some possible extraction bugs.
- AiM data profile updated to filter out bad GPS coordinates.
- Video export sped up.
- When you export a video, DashWare now shows elapsed time, estimated total time, and estimated time remaining.
- DashWare can now load Garmin FIT files. You no longer have to convert to TCX / GPX.
- Fixed some time zone handling issues with showing current date / time of day.
- Integrated with a newer version of the ChaseCam xdata data extraction tool, which should fix the ChaseCam data issues that popped up a couple releases ago.
- AiM data profile updated to handle GPS map data, which is now sometimes exported in the AiM CSV file.
- We broke the Digit gauge component when we made DashWare render gauges at the right size, regardless of the Windows DPI setting. Fixed…
- Added support for showing date and time of day. This obviously only works with data files that contain date/time timestamps.
- Added gauges for displaying date and time, and GPS coordinates in decimal degrees.
- DashWare now handles VBOX data files with European 1,5 decimal formatting.
- NMEA importer now properly handles data files crossing over midnight.
- NMEA files with a .txt extension are now auto-detected (i.e. you no longer ‘t have to rename the extension to .nmea to get DashWare to recognize them).
- Updated Harry’s Lap Timer data profile to map known OBDII channels.
- Changing your windows display settings to magnify fonts etc used to cause our gauges to be rendered improperly. Fixed.
- Many data profiles did not map latitude/longitude in degrees. Fixed.
- Sped up rendering of gauges with transparency of 1.0.
- Our installer should no longer require you to manually uninstall the previous DashWare version before running it. This should make applying our updates easier.
- DashWare map shape should match Google Maps more closely now, as we are now using the same projection algorithm. Our map used to get more distorted as you went towards the poles.
- Added total ascent and total descent, as well as min/max altitude. (added Ascent / Descent Calculator, and necessary data types)
- Added new gauges for displaying total ascent/descent, min/max altitude.
- By default, gauges now maintain their aspect when they are resized in the project preview area (holding Ctrl will stop maintaining aspect). In the Gauge Designer components by default still do not maintain aspect (holding control there will maintain aspect).
- We now show a tip in the status bar to explain resize modifier keys. (Hold Ctrl to control aspect, Shift to stay centered, Alt to maintain font sizes — these can be combined too).
- Added data profiles for SM-Modellbau and MaxQData loggers.
- Removed Visual C run-time library dependency from our installer. This should fix install problems some people were getting when a newer run-time existed on their machines. Not sure why Microsoft chose to make that halt installation….
- Gauge thumbnail background colors were not being used anymore, for some reason. Not sure when we broke that, but it’s fixed now.
- DashWare now correctly handles Qstarz latitude/longitude +/- sign by looking at the N/S, W/E values. This should resolve any inverted map issues.
- Added support for SpeedAngle GMOS data logger. This new logger gives motorcycle lean angles!